Understanding the Actor model to build non-blocking, high-throughput distributed systems
This is the fourth post in the system design series where I discuss the intricacies of designing distributed scalable systems and the related concepts. This will help you immensely with your software architecture and system design interview rounds, in addition to helping you become a better…
Technical Consultant: How can I become one? Explained with an example
This write-up offers insight into technical consulting. You’ll understand what a technical consultant is, the skills required to be one and how you can become one. So, without further ado. Let’s get started. What is a technical consultant? A technical consultant, an IT consultant or…
IT consultant: How do I become one? Explained with a real-world use case
This article takes a deep dive into the world of IT consulting. I’ll discuss what an IT (Information Technology) consultant is, their responsibilities, the skills required, how you can become one and more. So, without further ado. Let’s get started. What does an IT consultant…
Software architecture course – From zero to mastering the fundamentals
If you are looking for a course on software architecture that’ll help you get a grip on the domain. Let me tell you about the Zero to Mastering Software Architecture learning track that I’ve authored, consisting of three courses that helps you learn the domain…
Spaghetti code explained with a real-world use case
What is the Spaghetti code? Spaghetti code also referred to as the big ball of mud, is code without a definite structure and resembles spaghetti. This form of code is tightly coupled, hard to maintain, and refactor and a nightmare for the devs working on…
Monolithic architecture simplified
This write-up takes a deep dive into monolithic architecture. We will understand what it is and why implement it. What is monolithic architecture? An application has a monolithic architecture if it contains the entire application code in a single codebase. A monolithic application is a…
Zero to Mastering Software Architecture Learning Track - Starting from Zero to Designing Web-Scale Distributed Applications Like a Pro. Check it out.
Master system design for your interviews. Check out this blog post written by me.
- System Design: Hone Your System Design Skills By Exploring Real-World Web-Scale System Architectures [Feed Updated Daily]
- Single-threaded Event Loop Architecture for Building Asynchronous, Non-Blocking, Highly Concurrent Real-time Services
- Understanding SLA (Service Level Agreement) In Cloud Services: How Is SLA Calculated In Large-Scale Services?
- Database Architecture – Part 2 – NoSQL DB Architecture with ScyllaDB (Shard Per Core Design)
- Parallel Processing: How Modern Cloud Servers Leverage Different System Architectures to Optimize Parallel Compute
- Database Architecture – A Deep Dive – Part 1