State of Backend #2 – Disney+ Hotstar Replaced Redis and Elasticsearch with ScyllaDB. Here’s Why.
To get the content delivered to your inbox, you can subscribe to the newsletter at the end of this post. Here is the previous issue. Disney+ Hotstar Replaced Redis and Elasticsearch with ScyllaDB to Implement the ‘Continue Watching’ Feature. Here’s Why: The continue watching feature…
How Hotstar Scaled With 10.3 Million Concurrent Users – An Architectural Insight
In the 2019 edition of the IPL T20 cricket tournament, Hotstar received a whooping record traffic of 10.3 million concurrent users. This smashed its previous record of 8.26 million concurrent users. To my knowledge this is the most intense concurrent traffic load on any service,…
Zero to Mastering Software Architecture Learning Track - Starting from Zero to Designing Web-Scale Distributed Applications Like a Pro. Check it out.
Master system design for your interviews. Check out this blog post written by me.
- System Design: Hone Your System Design Skills By Exploring Real-World Web-Scale System Architectures [Feed Updated Daily]
- Single-threaded Event Loop Architecture for Building Asynchronous, Non-Blocking, Highly Concurrent Real-time Services
- Understanding SLA (Service Level Agreement) In Cloud Services: How Is SLA Calculated In Large-Scale Services?
- Database Architecture – Part 2 – NoSQL DB Architecture with ScyllaDB (Shard Per Core Design)
- Parallel Processing: How Modern Cloud Servers Leverage Different System Architectures to Optimize Parallel Compute
- Database Architecture – A Deep Dive – Part 1