State of Backend #2 – Disney+ Hotstar Replaced Redis and Elasticsearch with ScyllaDB. Here’s Why.
To get the content delivered to your inbox, you can subscribe to the newsletter at the end of this post. Here is the previous issue. Disney+ Hotstar Replaced Redis and Elasticsearch with ScyllaDB to Implement the ‘Continue Watching’ Feature. Here’s Why: The continue watching feature…
State of Backend #1- Distributed Task Scheduling with Akka, Kafka and Cassandra
This is the first issue of the newsletter I’ve kickstarted for insights into the backend engineering space encircling topics like distributed systems, databases, data engineering, system design, architecture, scalability and the like, also the latest tools and technologies in the space. To get the content…
Distributed Systems and Scalability Feed #1 – Heroku Client Rate Throttling, Tail Latency and more
What does 100 million users on a Google service mean? 10 billion requests/day100k requests/second (average)200k requests/second (peak)2 million disk seeks per second (IOPS) How are these served?100 million users need (at peak) 2 million IOPS at 100 IOPS per disk, that’s 20k disk drives at…
Zero to Mastering Software Architecture Learning Track - Starting from Zero to Designing Web-Scale Distributed Applications Like a Pro. Check it out.
Master system design for your interviews. Check out this blog post written by me.
- System Design: Hone Your System Design Skills By Exploring Real-World Web-Scale System Architectures [Feed Updated Daily]
- Single-threaded Event Loop Architecture for Building Asynchronous, Non-Blocking, Highly Concurrent Real-time Services
- Understanding SLA (Service Level Agreement) In Cloud Services: How Is SLA Calculated In Large-Scale Services?
- Database Architecture – Part 2 – NoSQL DB Architecture with ScyllaDB (Shard Per Core Design)
- Parallel Processing: How Modern Cloud Servers Leverage Different System Architectures to Optimize Parallel Compute
- Database Architecture – A Deep Dive – Part 1