Understanding Workload and its Types in the Cloud
This write-up is an insight into cloud workloads. It addresses questions such as What are they? What does a workload mean in the cloud computing space? How are they classified? How many types of workloads are there? and so on. So, without further ado.Let’s jump…
How Evernote Migrated & Scaled their Workload with Google Cloud Platform
Evernote has over 200 million happy customers with approx. 5 billion user notes and 5 billion user-uploaded attachments. That’s over 3.5 petabytes of data. To put things into perspective, this is equivalent to roughly 10 copies of every book ever published. In the recent past,…
How to choose the right cloud provider for your application – A thorough guide
In the present startup and enterprise landscape cloud deployments is a norm. If you want to scale seamlessly, you need to be on the cloud either on public or on-prem. There are numerous reasons why a business would want to deploy its services on the…
What is cAdvisor? How Does it Work? Explained
This article is an insight into cAdvisor – an open-source tool for running performance analysis and collecting usage data from the containers. In addition to discussing its features, I’ll also share a bit of my industry experience with the tool. So, without further ado.Let’s get…
What is Grafana? Why Use It? Everything You Should Know About It
This article is an in-depth write-up on Grafana – An open-source tool for running analytics and monitoring our systems online. It contains answers to all our questions about it such as what is it? Why use it? Can I deploy it on-prem? How popular is…
What is On-Premises or On-Prem – Everything You Should Know
This write-up is an insight into on-prem/on-premises deployment. It answers your queries such as: What is on-prem? How different is it from a public cloud deployment? Is private cloud and on-prem the same thing? How do I know what would be ideal for my business? So,…
Zero to Mastering Software Architecture Learning Track - Starting from Zero to Designing Web-Scale Distributed Applications Like a Pro. Check it out.
Master system design for your interviews. Check out this blog post written by me.
- System Design: Hone Your System Design Skills By Exploring Real-World Web-Scale System Architectures [Feed Updated Daily]
- Single-threaded Event Loop Architecture for Building Asynchronous, Non-Blocking, Highly Concurrent Real-time Services
- Understanding SLA (Service Level Agreement) In Cloud Services: How Is SLA Calculated In Large-Scale Services?
- Database Architecture – Part 2 – NoSQL DB Architecture with ScyllaDB (Shard Per Core Design)
- Parallel Processing: How Modern Cloud Servers Leverage Different System Architectures to Optimize Parallel Compute
- Database Architecture – A Deep Dive – Part 1