Live Video Streaming Infrastructure at Twitch
Twitch engineering developed a scalable, HA live streaming solution to enable broadcasters on their platform live stream their gameplay with minimum latency. The live streaming solution (developed by Twitch) is also made available as a Service to the world through AWS IVS (Interactive Video Streaming)…
Web application architecture explained with a real-world example
This article takes a deep dive into web application architecture with designing a real-world use case. If you have zero knowledge on the domain, after going through this article, you’ll have a fundamental understanding of the components involved in the web application architecture and how…
YouTube Architecture – How Does It Serve High-Quality Videos With Low Latency
I wrote an article earlier on how YouTube stores petabyte-scale data every single day without running out of storage space. Do check it out. In this one, I’ll discuss how the platform servers high-quality videos with such low latency. So, without further ado. Let’s jump…
An insight into how Uber scaled from a monolith to a microservice architecture
Uber started its service from San Francisco with a monolithic repo. The solo repo held the business logic for matching drivers and riders, running background checks, taking care of the billing and the payment and all the other related functionalities. As the service got popular, the…
Facebook Real-time Chat Architecture Scaling With Over Multi-Billion Messages Daily
This is my second write-up on Facebook architecture. In the first, I covered the databases leveraged by Facebook. In this write-up, I will talk about the real-time chat architecture of Facebook which scales with over multi-billion messages sent every single day. Let’s jump right into…
Instagram architecture & database – How does it store & search billions of images
Instagram is the most popular photo-oriented social network on the planet today. With over a billion users, it has become the first choice for businesses to run their marketing campaigns on. This write-up is a deep dive into its platform architecture and addresses questions like…
Zero to Mastering Software Architecture Learning Track - Starting from Zero to Designing Web-Scale Distributed Applications Like a Pro. Check it out.
Master system design for your interviews. Check out this blog post written by me.
- System Design: Hone Your System Design Skills By Exploring Real-World Web-Scale System Architectures [Feed Updated Daily]
- Single-threaded Event Loop Architecture for Building Asynchronous, Non-Blocking, Highly Concurrent Real-time Services
- Understanding SLA (Service Level Agreement) In Cloud Services: How Is SLA Calculated In Large-Scale Services?
- Database Architecture – Part 2 – NoSQL DB Architecture with ScyllaDB (Shard Per Core Design)
- Parallel Processing: How Modern Cloud Servers Leverage Different System Architectures to Optimize Parallel Compute
- Database Architecture – A Deep Dive – Part 1